I am
I am a single woman.
I wonder what it would be like to be dead.
I hear the daily blues each night.
I see homeless people on the street.
I want a lover.
I am a single woman.
I pretend to be strong.
I feel weak.
I touch few lives.
I worry that I will die alone and lonely.
I cry when I think of the pain I have caused my family-
I am a single woman.
I understand strife-
I say little.
I dream of a love that will never be.
I try nothing.
I hope to die in my sleep.
I am a single woman.
By luna 71157 from Fanstory
Author's Notes for an Auto-Bio Poem, the poet must complete the blanks in these lines:
I am ____
I wonder____
I hear____
I see _____
I want ____
I am (same as first line)
I pretend ____
I feel ____
I touch ____
I worry ____
I cry ___-
I am (same as first line)
I understand ___-
I say ____
I dream ____
I try ____
I hope ____
I am (same as first line)
So...
I am Brindle.
I wonder if anything I think or do matters at all.
I hear the city around me.
I see little change.
I want to have faith.
I am Brindle.
I pretend that I understand.
I feel joy whenever I find some common ground with another person.
I touch my scars every night.
I worry that one day I'll stop caring.
I cry whenever I remember what I've seen-
I am Brindle.
I understand two languages but seem to be speaking a third-
I say little.
I dream of being released.
I try to keep focussed.
I hope to be of use.
I am Brindle.
I wonder what it would be like to be dead.
I hear the daily blues each night.
I see homeless people on the street.
I want a lover.
I am a single woman.
I pretend to be strong.
I feel weak.
I touch few lives.
I worry that I will die alone and lonely.
I cry when I think of the pain I have caused my family-
I am a single woman.
I understand strife-
I say little.
I dream of a love that will never be.
I try nothing.
I hope to die in my sleep.
I am a single woman.
By luna 71157 from Fanstory
Author's Notes for an Auto-Bio Poem, the poet must complete the blanks in these lines:
I am ____
I wonder____
I hear____
I see _____
I want ____
I am (same as first line)
I pretend ____
I feel ____
I touch ____
I worry ____
I cry ___-
I am (same as first line)
I understand ___-
I say ____
I dream ____
I try ____
I hope ____
I am (same as first line)
So...
I am Brindle.
I wonder if anything I think or do matters at all.
I hear the city around me.
I see little change.
I want to have faith.
I am Brindle.
I pretend that I understand.
I feel joy whenever I find some common ground with another person.
I touch my scars every night.
I worry that one day I'll stop caring.
I cry whenever I remember what I've seen-
I am Brindle.
I understand two languages but seem to be speaking a third-
I say little.
I dream of being released.
I try to keep focussed.
I hope to be of use.
I am Brindle.

4 Comments:
Where is your edition then?!
That's excellent, Brindle! Feel I know you a little better now. Thanks for sharing that. x
I am still here
I wonder how I got to where I am now
I hear conversations from the past
I see that time passes quickly
I want to live in a more equitable world
I am still here
I pretend to like teenagers
I feel sad when I remember what I lost
I touched a void and came back
I worry about too many things to mention
I cry about cruelty and inhumanity
I am still here
I understand that many people cannot change
I say only a fraction of what I see
I dream all the time
I try, and occasionally fail, to do the right thing
I hope that I am liked
I am still here
Thank you!
Post a Comment
<< Home