Sloth machine
No but I would ***Oh dear, must not seem rude
It's only this, you see *** Not now, not here
I did promise *** Should have seen you at once
The other day *** Why don't you go away?
I will get round to it *** You stupid tit
It's different *** Come on brain, must not let
This time, because *** Him see, he's too close
Now is now, that was then *** Not you again
I mean, I am *** Can't you see I'm...damn.
All reformed now *** Got to lose him somehow
Yes, I am a changed man *** That was wooden
Look why don't you *** He's still here, I've got to
Come back later? *** Placate him. It is safer
No, make it tomorrow *** Not to seem closed.
Just after ten? *** I will have gone by then.
It's only this, you see *** Not now, not here
I did promise *** Should have seen you at once
The other day *** Why don't you go away?
I will get round to it *** You stupid tit
It's different *** Come on brain, must not let
This time, because *** Him see, he's too close
Now is now, that was then *** Not you again
I mean, I am *** Can't you see I'm...damn.
All reformed now *** Got to lose him somehow
Yes, I am a changed man *** That was wooden
Look why don't you *** He's still here, I've got to
Come back later? *** Placate him. It is safer
No, make it tomorrow *** Not to seem closed.
Just after ten? *** I will have gone by then.

3 Comments:
Interesting non-linear poem. What's the relationship between the two of them? There's a lot here that doesn't seem to be accidental.
It's charting the progress of an unwelcome encounter. On the left> what is said. On the right> what is actually going on in the mind of the speaker. Nothing deep, really.
It's charting the progress of an unwelcome encounter. On the left> what is said. On the right> what is actually going on in the mind of the speaker. Nothing deep, really.
Post a Comment
<< Home