Quote of the day
Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first BE who you really are, then DO what you need to do, in order to HAVE what you really want." - Margaret Young

3 Comments:
Absolutely! Except if you spend your whole life being who you are and doing what you want to do - to the exclusin of all else - you may end up HAVING very little except a lot of good memories, a nasty hangover and a cardboard box at Kalvin Tér!
I spent most of my childhood being me and getting told off. Then I became someone else and did as I was told. Now I'm me again, don't do very much, and have a whale of a time!
People who can consistently make their wants coincide with their needs must be the happiest of all.
My gran's sole concern in life is her digestive system, and she seems pretty satisfied most of the time.
Post a Comment
<< Home