THE CAT FLAP

Well, the Devil's Advocate has come, seen and sown the seeds of blogdom in the mind of the Brindle one. She, in turn, purred and stirred then hemmed and hawed but not for long. Brindle wisdom will thus spring forth forthwith.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I like getting paid

Oh I like getting paid
On time
Promises they get made
About
Twice a week. So far, I
Have been
Fobbed off once, twice, thrice now.
Enough,
Enough. I'm staff, I say.
Please stop
Please stop making me wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

I don't know what to say to that. I like it too - best if reg'lar and on the increase. Less is more. But EFL pay is a joke.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Apotropos said...

Agggh, the joys of teaching EFL! I swear, if I could get paid on time, just once, just once, by all of the schools I work for, I would be a happy man. Sadly while schools are happy to say, "It's coming, it's coming," the landlord never seems to accept that!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Puskas said...

Personally pay-day is one of my least favourite days, as it forces me to acknowldge the Faustian pact I've made with my life. The one we all make. But, I have to admit, the money is nice...

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home