THE CAT FLAP

Well, the Devil's Advocate has come, seen and sown the seeds of blogdom in the mind of the Brindle one. She, in turn, purred and stirred then hemmed and hawed but not for long. Brindle wisdom will thus spring forth forthwith.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Stone

I am a stone.
My sister the Moon hangs heavy in the night skies.
I roll and roll, dark and coarse,
As she watches me with eternal eyes.

I am a stone.
Gathered by coincidence, I roll and roll
As my sister the Moon's silver light pours
My purpose, the steady stream of recall.

I am a stone.
Coincidence rolls and rolls my darkness smooth.
In the silver stream of remembering,
My growing light reflects the flaxen Moon's.

I am a stone.
My sister the Moon hangs heavy in the night skies.
I roll and roll, smooth and bright
As she watches me with eternal eyes.

2 Comments:

Blogger plymouth rock said...

Nice writing! reminds me a bit of the George Harrison lyric (ask N, I can't remember which song it's from) "Looks like a little brother to the sun"

9:42 PM  
Blogger Brindle said...

I know the one you mean :)

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home